Update vom 17.06.2022
Vince ist vorübergehend nicht mehr CEO & Chairman, behält aber seine Rolle im Creative Bereich, solange die Untersuchung läuft. Stephanie McMahon ist Interims CEO & Chairwoman.
FULL STATEMENT: STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE and its Board of Directors jointly released the following statement today:
Independent directors continue review of alleged executive misconduct
Stephanie McMahon named interim CEO and interim Chairwoman
Stamford, Conn. – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Board of Directors today announced that a Special Committee of the Board is conducting an investigation into alleged misconduct by its Chairman and CEO Vincent McMahon and John Laurinaitis, head of talent relations, and that, effective immediately, McMahon has voluntarily stepped back from his responsibilities as CEO and Chairman of the Board until the conclusion of the investigation. McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway.
The Special Committee has appointed Stephanie McMahon to serve as interim CEO and interim Chairwoman.
“I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the Special Committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation. I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are,” said Mr. McMahon.
“I love this company and am committed to working with the Independent Directors to strengthen our culture and our Company; it is extremely important to me that we have a safe and collaborative workplace. I have committed to doing everything in my power to help the Special Committee complete its work, including marshaling the cooperation of the entire company to assist in the completion of the investigation and to implement its findings,” said Ms. McMahon.
WWE and its Board of Directors take all allegations of misconduct very seriously. The Independent Directors of the Board engaged independent legal counsel to assist them with an independent review. In addition, the Special Committee and WWE will work with an independent third-party to conduct a comprehensive review of the company’s compliance program, HR function and overall culture.
The Company and the Board do not expect to have further comment until the investigation is concluded.
1. Update vom 16.06.2022
SRS hat schon auch ein großes (kostenpflichtiges) Update. Paar Auszüge aus dem SquaredCircle:
- Said paralegal was given a promotion around April 2021 during the budget cuts. She moved from Laurinaitis' assistant to a 'director role'
- Nia Jax' tweet was dismissed as "bitterness" by Sean's sources.
- Believes Steph would have to have known and the initial reaction from within the company is that someone leaked this information.
- As SRS has been reporting, women in the division have been uncomfortable with Laurinaitis since his re-hiring, separate from his hiring practices which have been described to SRS as "archaic", one followed up today on the condition of anonymity and said "I'd rather get all my shit sent to me in a trash bag when I get fired than have to deal with him, and neither are good options."
- SRS doesn't see how Laurinaitis doesn't take the fall for this and WWE sources agreed with his early assessment that this is the most significant scandal in WWE since the steroid trial in terms of threatening Vince's power in WWE.
- Another male wrestler who was active in the 2000s and 2010s said that there had long been rumors of John Laurinatis' misconduct
Quelle: fightful select