A N Z E I G E

Motown's Legend Willie Hutch gestorben!

• R.I.P. To Motown Great Willie Hutch (Uncle to ATL's "Hutch a.k.a. Cold 187um")

WestCoastRydaz received this email from abvdlaw.com sadly informing us about the passing of Willie Hutch of Motown fame. Willie Hutch was also the uncle of Hutch a.k.a. Cold 187um from the great West Coast group Above The Law.

Here is the letter that was sent paying tribute to the late Willie Hutch:

"In case you weren't aware or haven't been checking out the site, Hutch's uncle, the famed Motown songwriter and producer Willie Hutch, returned to the Creator on September 19th, 2005. In respect to the Hutchison family, we here at ABVDLAW.COM will be paying homage all month to Willie Hutch. You will hear tracks that made Willie Hutch a household name and be sure to join the Parliament (messageboard) and check out what fans/supporters have to say about all things ABOVE THE LAW.

Again, we here at ABVDLAW.COM celebrate the life and accomplishments of Willie Hutchison.

West Up,
    ABVDLAW.COM"

MEMPHIS- Millions of R&B and Motown fans are mourning the loss of Willie Hutch. The soul singer and songwriter died last night at his home in Dallas, Texas. The cause of death has not yet been released. Hutch was 60-years old. He was born Willie McKinley Hutchinson in 1946 in Los Angeles, but was reared in Dallas, where he released his first debut solo single, "Love Has Put Me Down." Hutch put out his first album in 1964 and went on to produce and write a number of albums.

In 1970, record producer Hal Davis asked Hutch to help finish off a song he desperately needed completed for the Jackson 5. That song was "I'll Be There." The Jackson 5 recorded Hutch's version the next day, and it eventually became one of the group's early hits. It also led to Motown head Berry Gordy hiring Hutch as a songwriter-producer for other Motown artists on a regular basis.

News Channel 3 spoke to Hutch's band leader shortly after the news of his death broke overnight. Luke Weathers remembers Hutch as a musical genius and exceptional songwriter.

Hutch also wrote the entire album for the 70's movie "Foxy Brown", and produced albums for Michael Jackson and Smokey Robinson. He even wrote a song for the soundtrack to the movie "Hustle and Flow".

Hutch's back-up band for the last two years, "7 Down" lives in Memphis.

News Channel 3 also spoke to Willie Hutch's manager, Anthony Voyce, early this morning by phone. "I've never met a more generous and caring person to have been around. To have a man to have been around like that, is amazing. We're going to miss him".

Family and friends are not saying exactly how Willie Hutch died late last night.

Quelle: dubcnn.com

• A N Z E I G E
  • Oh man ... Da triffts mal wieder einen, den ich früher auch sehr gerne gehört habe. Above The Law waren echt der Hammer, irgendwo habe ich auch noch ein Album von denen rumliegen ...

Ich wusste allerdings nicht, dass er schon dermaßen alt war. Zumindest ist 60 nicht unbedingt ein junges Alter zum Sterben, aber traurig ist es allemal. Mein Beileid an die Angehörigen und Bekannten :(

• Öhm.. nicht Hutch a.k.a. Cold 187um ist gestorben sondern sein Onkel Willie Hutch (Soul-Sänger) ;)

Nicht das du jetzt da was verwechselst ...

Bissel offtopic: Above the Law ist das einzige Westzeug das ich noch ab und an mal in meinen CD Player schmeisse, der Sound von denen war einfach geil, und bleibt es auch... Alleine schon der Track Black Superman ist einer der besten Rap-Tracks aller Zeiten für mich!

• Oh Fuck! :rolleyes:

Ich hätte den Text nicht so überfliegen sollen ... Schön dass Cold 187um noch lebt *hust*, dann aber Rest in Peace an seinen Onkel, den ich leider nur leicht vom Namen her kenne ...

Peinlich, peinlich ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!