A N Z E I G E

Allgemeiner Indy-Thread für News, Meinungen, Fragen & Antworten

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von BLADE BLADING:
    Der nächste Name für Jeff Katzs Wrestling Revolution:

Als weiterer Produzent, neben Lance Storm wird Tommy Dreamer dabei sein.

Der Cast vom Wrestling Revolution Project scheint nun vorerst komplett zu sein, beim Taping wird es dann aber wohl noch einige Überraschungen geben. Auf Twitter heißt es zumindest TheWRProject: Done for now but we will have some surprises.

Hier also der bisherige "Cast":

Adam Pearce als Adam Pearce
    Alex Reynolds als Alex Zikos (Schüler von Mikey Whipwreck)
    Amazing Red als Jonathan Figueroa
    Ben Muth als Ben Muth (Schüler von Lance Storm)
    Colt Cabana als Scott Colton
    Dr. Luther als Len Olson
    Emil Sitoci als Emil Sitoci
    Joey Ryan als Joseph Ryan Meehan
    Karl Anderson als Chad Allegra
    Kenny Dykstra als Ken Doane
    Kenny Omega als Tyson Smith
    Kevin Matthews als Kevin Matthew McDonald (Schüler von Dory Funk, Jr. und Afa und im WWE-Development)
    Luke Gallows als Drew Hankinson
    "Psycho" Mike Rollins als Michael Oberegger (Schüler von Scott D'Amore und Harley Race)
    MVP als Hassan Assad
    Pat Buck als Patrick Buckridge
    Prince Devitt als Fergal Devitt
    Sami Callihan als Sam Johnston
    Shaun Ricker als Shaun Ricker
    Shawn Daivari als Dara Daivari
    Shawn Spears als Ronnie Arneill
    Timothy Thatcher als Tim Moura
    Trisha LaFache als Trisha LaFache (Valet)

Production Team

Lance Storm
    Thomas Laughlin aka Tommy Dreamer

Auf http://www.wrestlingrevolutionproject.com/ wurden im "Cast" noch zwei Bilder nicht aufgedeckt, zwei Talente werden also wohl noch dazu kommen. Einer könnte Chris Masters sein, der kürzlich in einem Interview angedeutet hat, dass er demnächst "nach Hollywood gehen wird".

• A N Z E I G E
  • Zitat

Original geschrieben von Vincent Raven:
    Awesome Grafik zur nächsten PWG-Show 8)

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/images/MAIN.jpg

was ne göttliche Card wieder!

Das Ladder Match wird sicherlich großartig von der In-Ring Action her und auch was die Geschichte/Fehde der beiden angeht.

Daneben freue ich mich besonders auf Richards vs Willie Mack und auf Young Bucks vs O´Reilly und Cole 8)

• "XPW is done..."
    XPW may be, but the spirit of Xtreme is not dead...

I remember the first time I came across XPW. Watching KJLA Saturday night, I stumbled upon a TV program that literally changed my life. Well, more than the tv show itself the company as a whole is what got me hooked. After witnessing "Scene of the Crime" live , I wanted in. I saw the way the massive dirty, crooked and torn black curtain hung down covering the backstage area and was already writing an email in my head of what someone in the office would hear from me come Monday.

At the time I had no idea where it would lead. But sitting in the XPW offices on Vanowen in North Hollywood and working in a billion directions, it was a great time. I made friends and had experiences that will follow me to my final days. I spent many a night falling a sleep at the wheel trying to get the production truck back to the office as the sun came up.

Working with Vic Grimes to create the monstrosity that was the scaffold for the now over 1 million YouTube views legendary "FreeFall" match was easily my single largest accomplishment. 40 feet up and 40 feet down. With every ounce of safety gear removed from the scaffolding we were flying literally without a net (nor insurance or a "plan B") in front of the largest crowd we had seen inside the Olympic Auditorium since making it our home.

Later my time with XPW would parlay into working as V.P. of Home Entertainment for Big Vision Entertainment where I helped put 3 seasons of XPW-TV, and numerous other XPW dvd titles on to store shelves and into the hands of our fans.

It was around that time that there seemed to be a desire from fans and wrestlers to at least all get together one more time.

Trying to create a place online where that desire could percolate, I purchased "thexpw.com" and a few of us (namely Kris Kloss) started mercilessly harassing XPW owners Houston Curtis (Big Vision) and Rick Mahr (XEG) about running a show that would become "Cold Day In Hell." A year later, it was time to do one last show - XPW X - the 10 Year Anniversary.

Since that time there have been a variety of rumors, attempts, and discussions about possibly bringing XPW "back." Some of those conversations I have been part of. Some just things I have heard from others. But nothing ever with enough steam to get the coals burning again.

And then Damian 666 laid out a challenge....he wanted 4 former XPW guys to come to Mexico City to face him, Halloween, X Fly (formerly Mosco De La Merced in XPW), and Damien's son, Bestia 666.

Over the past year and a half Damian had two matches with the guy who still holds claim to being XPW "King of the Deathmatch", Supreme. And both times, it took a gang of his Perros Del Mal buddies to pin the champ. But the first time the title was not on the line and then the 2nd. time Supreme had agreed to defend the title, but when Damian changed the match to a 5 way and stacked the cards against "The Human Horror Film", he told him he could "fuck off" on the title being on the line.

Smart move by Supreme, that's why he is who he is.

But the XPW "King of the Deathmatch" title has become this one thing Damian is obsessed with. He could care less that XPW as a company is dead and buried...he wants to beat Supreme for that title.

So the challenge was laid out and Supreme, Kaos, "White Trash" Johnny Webb, and Carnage headed to a junkyard in Mexico City on August 20th. 2011 to go to war. Supreme once again left Mexico with his belt.

But Damian had plans of his own. A few days later at a Perros Del Mal press conference, sporting shirts that said MEXPW, Damian, Halloween, X Fly, and Bestia, announced that the war was not over, that it was just beginning. And, they wanted it not only to take place on Mexican soil, but in the U.S. as well.

That's when I got the call.

You know how when people become ministers or nuns they often say it's because they got "the calling." It was kind of like that. Except it wasn't the good lord in my ear. It was someone who is closer to the devil...it was Damian 666.

Damian asked if I would be willing to work with him to bring MEXPW to the U.S. and act as the official U.S. promoter for the holy war he and his Perros Del Mal crew intended to wage on Supreme and the former XPW-ers.

I felt a bit unsure. Did I want my next call to be to Supreme to say, "Hey, so I agreed to help the guy who's obsessed with beating you and I'm going to promote a show here for you to face him on"?

So I called Supreme to ask him what he thought of the situation....

The call was one of those I couldn't make up. I asked him if I could come down and shoot him saying those things to a camera...he agreed, so I'm going to do that next week.

But, the gist of it was, "If Damian wants to bring the war here...if Damien wants to keep getting his ass kicked by me for 90% of a match only to have his bitches fuck me over in the end, that's fine. If he wants to spend the last moments of his career chasing down a dream he'll never fulfill of being XPW "King of the Deathmatch", that's fine. Tell him you'll fucking do it."

So here we are...

Thanks to everyone that supported us over the years, I hope you are ready for what's on the horizon...

Mike Hartsfield
    Formerly of XPW... now of MEXPW

http://thexpw.com

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von Atlas:
    NWA Revival am 07. Oktober
    http://nwarevival.weebly.com/

Ist ja eigentlich keine allgemeine News, sondern eine Card! Und gerade an dieser arbeite ich gerade für den LineUp-Thread! ;)

Edit:
    Nun im LineUp Thread on inkl. der 1st Round Paarungen!

Edit 2: Und hiermit verabschiede ich mich bis Dienstag und wünsche ein schönes Wochenende!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ()

• A N Z E I G E
  • I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spoil much for you guys. Combination of a) matches are shot out of sequence so I have no clue what match has relevancy to what, b) we didn't see any backstage segments or interviews, nor will we, so we won't know what the stories are, and c) Katz was a very cool guy and I don't want to fuck this up for him. However, I'll give you a list of info after I start with a MEGA BAD NEWS but follow up with SUPER GOOD NEWS.

MEGA BAD NEWS
    New Japan pulled Prince Devitt from the show!!!

SUPER GOOD NEWS
    Katz felt terrible about the scenario, offered all who were at the show that donated a refund. No one took him up on the offer because we all felt for his scenario. However, since Devitt couldn't come, he was able to bring in two other guys. A guy he called "Concrete" (Chris Masters) and some dude named "Chris Hyde" (Chris Hero).

Here's the meat and potatoes of the show:
    - There were a bunch of fans mixed in with extras, who essentially followed the fans' lead when it came to chants. Many of them actually got into the show.
    - There were a few PWG regular attendees at the tapings.
    - Willie Mack was in the crowd with us.
    - We were allowed to chant for whomever we wanted, face or heel, jobber or regular talent. Katz really wanted authenticity.
    - We shot in a sound stage with really cool cameras, with matches out of sequence. The lighting is such that it benefits the home viewer and it should be one of the best shot wrestling shows you'll see.
    - We were seated either in rows of chairs outside the ring or on a platform with tables and drinks. There were chandeliers above the ring.
    - The ring announcing and voice over work will be done by character actor Keith David (They Live, The Cape, Spawn: The Animated Series), which is really cool.
    - All the music for wrestlers and the show itself will be done by the guy that does music for Terra Nova and other network TV scores.
    - As mentioned, Lance Storm and Tommy Dreamer are producers but were joined by Christopher Daniels.
    - Katz told us that in this world, there is no WWE, no TNA. It's just this underground wrestling club open to a select few that participate in illegal gambling. Think "Def Jam: Vendetta" but with more class, less hip-hop.
    - There are no title belts to vie for. Just a tag team tournament for a big cash prize and a singles tournament, in Katz's words "like G1 Climax," for a trophy and big prize money. This way, if there is a season two, he can always start each season fresh with different talent without needing a champion to defend a championship. Also, if there is only one season, the story starts and ends here.
    - We had one extra tweak his knee by jumping and slipping through a gap on the platform and one of the enhancement guys got his bell rung by a kick, but otherwise no problems or injuries.
    - Today was filled with primarily squash matches with the featured talent going over various NWA Hollywood guys and other locals.
    - The few featured bouts taped today were pretty good, WWE style matches.
    - Any botched spots were re-shot.

Notes on the talent:
    Most of the guys are doing their indy shtick but with a different name. Pearce is still an old school shit-heel but named Ridgeway, Rollins is still a psychopath but is named Murder, Shawn Daivari is still Daivari but named Ferris Gotch, etc. The different characteristics for talent are as follows:
    - Colt Cabana's character is a HEEL. A cocky, failed stand-up comedian known as Punchline. It's different but good stuff from Colt.
    - Babyface Joey Ryan has the pleasure of having Trisha LaFache as his valet. Joey is more interesting as Chase Walker than he is as Joey Ryan.
    - Red wrestles in a mask.
    - Kevin Matthews is a Hollywood Douchebag that texts while he wrestles.
    - Emil Sitoci is a German Nihilist.
    - Dr. Luther is a pseudo-Satanic priest (think Mordecai from WWE, but better performed).
    - There is an evil stock market investor tag team known as "Satanic and Profitable" aka "S&P" consisting of Sami Callihan and Alex Zikos.
    - There is a tag team consisting of Shaun Ricker and Brian Cage-Taylor known as the John-turage (Entourage with two guys named John) that is accompanied by their bodyguard BRICK SHITHOUSE.
    - BRICK SHITHOUSE got more chants than anybody except for enhancement talent Dave the Bruiser.

That's pretty much all from Day One. I'll let you guys know of anything cool to look forward to after Day Two.

• Brick Shithouse ist natürlich ein genialer Gimmickname ^^

Und Sami Callihan als bösen Börseninvestor MUSS ich sehen!

Natürlich sehr schade, dass Devitt nicht dabei sein durfte, aber mit Hero und Masters zwei sehr gute Ersatzleute.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!