A N Z E I G E

Der große IMPACT News & Gossip Sammelthread #2

• Großes Interview mit Gail Kim.Ich kopiere mal die Sachen die mit Tessa zu tun haben, den Rest könnt ihr im Link nachlesen.

Q: Let’s talk about Hard to Kill and the events surrounding it. Before we get to the specifics, just more generally, Tessa Blanchard is the new Impact world champion. How do you feel about a woman holding what has traditionally been a men’s title and the significance of that?

A: It’s huge significance. In this whole women’s revolution that’s been going on for a few years now, people would wonder, what’s the next step? What’s going to happen the next? I think Impact is taking this chance. I know it’s very controversial and I know some people don’t like it, and even some people on the roster secretly tell me they may not like it, it’s everyone’s own personal opinion. I was pretty much old school. So at first, I kinda didn’t like it. But I’ve always been a believer in believability in wrestling. That was always my goal when I wrestled a match. I want everyone to believe in the match and get very hooked into the emotions and the physicality and the story of the match.

No one can doubt Tessa’s ability, and she does like believable. For me, The Chynas, Tessa, as long as it looks believable, I’m OK with that. I don’t know that I’d want it to be a full-time thing. It’s so 50-50 for me. I want women to be equal on the pay scale and treated equally, but then I like the whole factor of us being special and being unique. There are so many women now with the women’s revolution and inspiring the next generation and the next generation. With WWE, NXT, AEW and the countless places, more women are coming to fruition, I’m sure there are going to be just as talented women as there are men and we could see it changing.

Q: Earlier this week, Becky Lynch made reference to the idea of women’s matches no longer being called women’s matches because the men’s matches are not called men’s matches. The idea being that the way things were booked in the old school is we already have a women’s match on the card or two women’s matches on the card and rather than worry about the gender of the performers, worry about the quality of the matches. How would you feel if that came about where they were just matches and not men’s matches and Knockout matches, for example?

A: I like the name Knockouts because, like I said, I’m going back to the term that I thought being a little bit special. The way people are viewed should be equally. And I agree with her that there shouldn’t be just two women’s matches and the (booker) saying, ‘OK, there should only be two women’s matches.’ I agree with that. I don’t mind it being announced as a men’s match or a women’s match but I agree if there are way more talented women on the roster that deserve a match than it could be 50-50 or even more. I don’t know if we’re overthinking it maybe, but I definitely want more equal playing ground in terms of pay, in terms of matches, in terms of the way they are treated.

Q: We touched on Tessa earlier, and that’s the elephant in the room.

A: That’s what everyone is waiting for.

Q: The weekend of Hard to Kill, she tweeted, ‘women try supporting other women. Cool things happen.’ Immediately went to allegations by a few other performers of bullying, of a racial slur, spitting in someone’s face. She has denied all the allegations. Take us behind the scenes to that weekend as this is unfolding and how you all at Impact are dealing with it.

A: I was traveling to Hard to Kill on Saturday night. I caught wind of it when I landed. It wasn’t even 24 hours when we got to the pay-per-view. Everyone saw it on social media and it blew up. It was pretty stressful in the sense I didn’t like the angst of all these women fighting, or I don’t know what the term is, but it weighed heavily on my heart in a way. Of course, women in general are catty by nature. We had that in our generation. I’m 42 years old, almost 43 and retired so I’m not in competition with anyone anymore and don’t really feel like. I think the women who have moved on and we’ve bonded and share that bond and we don’t remember all the cattiness if there was any.

When that happened, we went to a pay-per-view and it wasn’t even 24 hours. I went to speak to Tessa. Those details are private between her and I and are no one’s business. I based my decision of support at the pay-per-view and showing that support based on her time in the company. In the three years that she started with Impact wrestling, I’ve never seen any signs of any of that, of the undertones of bullying or racism. That’s where I made my decision of what I did and what I showed. Fans were going crazy on social media saying that I was a hypocrite. The difference is I had a chance to talk to her one-on-one. The difference is, in the WWE, which is where people were coming at me from and suggesting a hypocritical nature, is that I did talk to them at the end of my tenure there. I basically was brushed off and never tried to understand why I felt that way and never tried to make it better. That’s why I blasted them on social media because I don’t like to see that.

Any wrestler would tell you this, if someone was so crappy and such a terrible attitude and terrible person, do you think we would support that person? We would probably let that person bury themselves. She has the support of the locker room for a reason. Now, I wasn’t there at the incident. I don’t know who was there at the incident. I can’t make my decision based on hearsay. Yes, there were many women that came forward. … I had to believe and give a chance to the person who displayed the behavior that I saw working with her in that environment. For me, I felt like that should have been handled face to face. If people have problems with each other – that’s how we handled it and yes, social media wasn’t as prevalent. … we really did have meetings when we had problems with each other. In that regard, I wish people would be able to speak face to face and confront one another and talk it out. Unfortunately, that never happened. I know this whole situation has trickled into other people’s lives. I hope people can move forward and that the girls can all speak and resolve this issue at some point. I’m not them. I can’t make them do anything, can’t make them say anything.

Q: Few things to unpack there. The other thing that’s been out there that we’ve heard is the idea she had a attitude problem and didn’t act in a mature way. You worked a program with her over a fairly extended period of time. She went over on what is to this point your retirement match. Give us your sense of your interactions with her and the give and take during that program or the attitude problems you saw during that period.

A: I didn’t see any attitude problems, that’s the thing. I don’t know what that reasoning is. I’ve never even heard anybody say in the locker room in the last three years that she had an attitude problem. For me, that’s the reason that I came out of retirement, I was like, ‘Wow, that girls talented, I didn’t really have the retirement that I envisioned, let me come back and try to do it the right way and that I could close the door peacefully. I never had any issues. It was like working with anybody else who is professional and talented and well rounded. I never had any issues.

Q: The other thing that I think you’ve been criticized for, either fairly or unfairly, is that because you were in the ring and because you hugged that somehow you were implicitly believing her over the women who accused her or somehow supporting what was perceived as a racist act by her. I know that’s not how it played out, but you know that’s some of the criticism you’ve taken.

A: First off, it did bother me that people were demanding answers. If something happens in your life and you have barely 24 hours to digest it, are you going to go share it with strangers on social media and the details of what conversations you had. People don’t know what happened. People don’t know the conversations that occurred. I’m a nearly 43-year-old woman who talked to someone, made decisions based on that conversation and other conversations and based on the last three years working with someone in the company. That’s the part people don’t understand. They want to go to the negative space right away. There’s more to that and more to that happening and then a reaction. It takes conversations with many people sometimes. There’s many people involved and people don’t get that. It’s really none of their business because I’m so outspoken about racisim, I want everyone to know, I truly still have my same morals. I still have my same stance. Nothing has changed. Like I said, the conversation between her and I and others are private and that’s what I made my decisions on. For the past three years that I have seen, there have been no underlying notions of bullying or racism that I have noticed or seen or felt or heard at all.

Q: One more quick one on this and we’ll move on. What’s your impression on how she’s handled this in the ring, after the show, her statement, coming to work in Mexico City to tape four weeks of TV?

A: I didn’t see her all of her responses. I did see her statement on social media. The statement that was coming from her and I can’t tell her what to say or what to think. She did deny it, like you said. Like I said, the last three years I’ve never seen any underlying racist language or behavior. It should be discussed between the people that it occurred with. In this day and age, I feel like people don’t want to confront each other. I’m very direct and I like it when people are direct with me. Not necessarily a confrontation of a fighting or aggressive nature, but I like when people will tell me directly what they think and we can work it out and resolve the issue. Someone else also said whether she did have that reputation three years ago and some people have said that, but there are a lot of people in wrestling who had bad reputations years ago and we’ve given them second chances. If they screw that up, that’s on them, but based on from the time she’s started in this company to now, I haven’t seen anything bad and that’s what I’ve based on my judgment now.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=133324

• A N Z E I G E
  • Sehr gut von Gail. Mit der Person selbst sprechen, es nicht oeffentlich austragen, sich nicht auf Hoerensagen verlassen, alles sehr sehr gute Punkte.

• Da Taya beim Rumble war, um ihren Mann zu unterstützen. Gingen natürlich sofort die Gerüchte los. Aber laut PWI hat sich ihr Vertrag verlängert.:)

"Valkyrie's Impact deal was automatically renewed in December for another year, so she is locked in until December 2020"

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von Tessa Blanchard:
    Da Taya beim Rumble war, um ihren Mann zu unterstützen. Gingen natürlich sofort die Gerüchte los. Aber laut PWI hat sich ihr Vertrag verlängert.:)

"Valkyrie's Impact deal was automatically renewed in December for another year, so she is locked in until December 2020"

Taya Valkyrie says her contractual status with IMPACT Wrestling is none of anyone’s business.

The current Knockouts Champion spoke out against a new report about her status with IMPACT Wrestling, saying her contract didn’t “roll over” because she signed a two-year deal last year.

CLICK BAIT! Yo, I don’t know what a “roll over contract is” but that’s not what I signed. I signed for two years LAST YEARRRRRRR. Simple as that. Now stop writing bullshit about me. It’s F’ing annoying. And also my job and contracts are none of anyone’s business.

https://www.mandatory.com/wres…rt-impact-contract-status

Edit : Taya legt nach

Dear Mike Johnson of PW Insider, there’s a reason I have your stupid page blocked. Stop writing garbage about people. And maybe do your job and research a topic before writing about it. Yours truly, Taya V

• Dann soll sie bei Walmart an der Kasse arbeiten wenn sie keine News (Gerüchte) über sich und mögliche Vetragsklauseln aushält.

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von K-Season:
    Dann soll sie bei Walmart an der Kasse arbeiten wenn sie keine News (Gerüchte) über sich und mögliche Vetragsklauseln aushält.

Erzähl doch mal alles aus deinem Arbeitsvertrag. Bei Wrestlern kennt man die Gehälter und Vertragslaufzeiten und laut dir sollen sie das einfach aushalten. Also: wo arbeitest du, wie viel verdienst du und wie lange läuft dein Vertrag?

• A N Z E I G E
  • The Wrestling REVOLVER
    @PWRevolver
    ·
    IMPACT will be sending a special match to 2/14 #ValentinesDayMassacre @BrightsideDYT
    in Dayton

This match will be filmed for an upcoming episode of #IMPACTonAXSTV

Be apart of Dayton wrestling history, & get tickets while you still can!

IMPACT
    @IMPACTWRESTLING
    @MichaelElgin25 will face @TheEddieEdwards on February 14th at @PWRevolver's #ValentinesDayMassacre at @BrightsideDYT in Dayton!

Irgendwie ist das schon eine geile Idee. Sie prügeln sich um die Welt.:D In Mexiko, dann USA, Japan ? und Finale in Kanada bei Lockdown.

• Meltzer: Impact are talking to Vince Russo

Three other names that have been talked about as being part of the TNA show bringing back talent from the past are Mike Tenay (asked but right now I’d say more likely not happening), Dixie Carter and the other guy they are going back-and-forth about asking is Vince Russo.

If Impact Wrestling brought Vince Russo back in any form it could stir controversy. That might also bring eyes to the company as they have long left the administration that was ousted by Spike TV for secretly having Russo on board.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Squar…e_talking_to_vince_russo/

Ich lass das mal unkommentiert so stehen ^^

• Wenn es nur für die ONO TNA Show ist finde ich es ohnehin nicht so relevant, wenn es für länger ist sieht es anders aus. Aber ich hätte nichts dagegen, was hat der zuletzt denn gemacht? Das letzte was ich von ihm kenne war der wXw Kram.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

A N Z E I G E